Junior Front-end Developer
You do this for the love of it. It’s not a job, not to pay the bills - you’d be doing it anyway. In fact you are aren’t you! You’re thinking about code right now? Well hold that thought…
We started Goodboy for the love of digital. We wanted to create a company where technology and creativity are it’s essence and run right through its core.
We want you to love what you do as much as we love what we do.
So if you are a skilled developer with a hunger to grow in a creative environment surrounded by a world class development team, then we’ll be a great fit.
SKILLS YOU MUST HAVE
- Complete understanding of OOP and class-based coding
- A strong aesthetic appreciation, and ability to deliver spectacular, technical eye-candy!
SKILLS IT WOULDN’T HURT TO KNOW ABOUT...
- Building games
- webGL / GPU programming
- Working with source control e.g. Git
- Working with 3D maths / physics
- CSS / CSS3
- Experience of code optimization
- You have a growth mindset, a desire to learn and improve yourself and the company everyday
- You are extremely positive and constructive, always thinking how ‘impossible’ can be made into ‘possible’.
- You are able to take ownership of development tasks while confidently asking the wider team for help when required
- You have the ability to work effectively with other people and roles in a wider project team
- You have the maturity to remain calm and focussed under pressure, be dependable, trustworthy and deliver to client deadlines.
- You have excellent written and spoken English
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM US?
This is a two way street, so whilst you’ll have the above covered we will offer a working environment that will nurture and encourage your talent and actively reward your passion.
As a Goodboy junior developer you will be surrounded by a friendly, world class development team that can help you grow and accelerate your learning as you create state-of-the-art digital applications, experiences, games and websites for AAA brands.
Goodboy love in house R&D (such as PixiJS) and as such you would be encouraged to develop and shape your own experimental projects as well.
You will be working in a canal side modern studio in Hackney, East London.
Salary - Junior developer ranges, but TBC dependent on experience.
Direct applicants only and you MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
RECRUITERS: Please don't make unsolicited contact as it's disruptive and unhelpful to us and won't lead to anything for you.