Junior Game Artist
Join a unique, gifted team making games that reach the widest possible audience.
Goodboy was born from a love of web-based games and experiences. A company where the marriage of technology and creativity are its DNA. The successful applicant will be a creative powerhouse that understands that art must be married with technology.
You will be obsessive about game art and design in general and will seek inspiration from all areas of life. You will understand all the fundamental areas of game art from character design and animation through to world creation and texture art.
At Goodboy we focus on web technologies to deliver our games as they offer the widest, fastest, most efficient route to players. Our projects range from 18 month monsters to quick play fixes. Your drive will be to bring efficient thinking to your art so that we can find the AAA in every game, big or small.
We work agile, we work hard, we work smart. We’d love you to join us and do the same.
We are looking for a talented Game Artist to join our Design Team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio demonstrating design, animation & 3D skillsets across a wide variety of digital projects. A motivated enthusiastic approach to work and the ability to tackle problems in a dynamic work environment. The candidate will work closely with the design and development teams, assisting in the creation of game-ready assets.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create game ready assets to a design brief.
- Maintain a high standard and work closely with the team on new methods.
- An eye for design, composition and technical specifications, creating art that meets specific market requirements.
- Ability to work consistently, seeing projects through from start to finish.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects)
- 3D Packages (Maya, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D - one or more)
- Modelling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging and animation
- Traditional drawing skills / digital painting
- A passion for gaming and interactive experiences
- Adaptable to changing requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation and passion
- Character design
- Additional 3D Packages (Substance Painter, ZBrush etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Animate, Illustrator)
- Game level design (Tiled, Unity etc.)
- You have a growth mindset, a desire to learn and improve yourself and the company everyday
- You are extremely positive and constructive, always thinking how ‘impossible’ can be made into ‘possible’.
- You are able to take ownership of design tasks while confidently asking the wider team for help when required
- You have the ability to work effectively with other people and roles in a wider project team
- You have the maturity to remain calm and focussed under pressure, be dependable, trustworthy and deliver to client deadlines.
- You have excellent written and spoken English
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM US?
- The opportunity to work with AAA clients on ambitious game projects, in an energetic, collaborative, playful environment.
- The opportunity to play an important role in a growing company with big future potential.
- The opportunity to work with a world class creative development studio producing award winning web experiences, apps and games, many in the rewarding children's entertainment / educational sector.
- The opportunity to grow your talents and nurture your skills amongst an experienced and highly skilled design team
- An opportunity to work from a modern and spacious canal side studio in Hackney East London, the creative heart of London.
- A Workplace Pension (Legal and General) which includes employer contributions.
- Close Overground stations (Homerton / Hackney Wick) or a regular free shuttle bus to and from Stratford Station to Here East (which is an 7 minute canal side walk to and from our studio).
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays plus 3 days over the Xmas period when the Goodboy office is closed.
Industry Junior Design ranges, but TBC dependent on experience.
Direct applicants only and you MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Applicants without a Portfolio will be not be considered.
RECRUITERS: Please don't make unsolicited contact as it's disruptive and unhelpful to us and won't lead to anything for you.